- Gema Sánchez Medero (Universidad Complutense de Madrid)
- Bernabé Aldeguer Cerdá (Universidad de Alicante)
- Sesión de comunicaciones orales Franja 1B : Diseño, dinámica y rendimiento de las instituciones
- Responsable(s): Bernabé Aldeguer Cerdá (Universidad de Alicante)
- Tipo de sesión: Sesión de comunicaciones orales
- Día: jueves, 30 de junio de 2016
- Hora: 14:00 a 16:00
- Lugar: S06
there are insufficient research managing the relations between the Parliamentary Groups and their Members in the National Parliament of Spain, the Congress of Deputies, constituting such theme a lagoon, which raises emergency, however, outstanding and growing attention from political science. In this paper, we try to make a reflection to deepen the dependence of the Members with respect to Parliamentary Groups. To do so, we will examine the relations that maintain the Parliamentary Groups with its Members, highlighting the activity, which the Members play in the Group and in the Bodies of the Parliament, and the discipline, to which the National Members are subjected, together with the consequences that entails the unresolved problem of the prohibition of the imperative mandate and the ownership of the Seat. We have only taken as a study object the two Parliamentary Groups that have represented the prevailing model of imperfect bipartisanship until today (PP and PSOE), along with all the Constituent Legislatures of the contemporary democratic period under the protection of the Spanish Constitution of 1978.
The work structures the presentation of their research results in the following dimensions and indicators:
- the activity of the Members in the Parliamentary Group through the analysis of the discipline of vote , by measuring the percentage of decisions taken (and indeed voted) in the Plenary, with subject to the discipline of vote or by deliberation;
- the activity of the Members in the different Bodies of the Congress of Deputies; and,
- the disciplinary regime of the National Members through the study of:
- Formal and informal process of preparation of electoral candidates and the bonding of the heads of list to their constituencies;
- The degree of renewal or re-election and permanence of the same; and,
- The sanctions provided by the Regulations of the Parliamentary Groups against Members, which violate the discipline of voting and political line parameters.
This study is developed on the basis of the working hypothesis, in which we can predict a high degree of dependence of the Members with respect to the Parliamentary Groups, which are assigned and belong to, as a result of the electoral system, to the legal and regulatory system of Parliamentary character, as well as the own internal Regulations of the different Political Parties, and the dynamics that effectively promote the realization or practical impediment to their rights and duties.
In order to prove the hypothesis, we have used as units of analysis: 1) the existing rules regarding the partisan Regulation; 2) the Parliamentary Regulation; and, 3) Electoral Legislation, both from organic character and constitutional character. But perhaps, the most important contribution was the analysis of the two internal Regulations of the two Parliamentary Groups, which are the subject of study, documents which still not being public are difficult to access to for the purpose of its interpretation. In addition, the results obtained by means of this analysis have been complemented
Palabras clave: parliamentary groups, party parties, discipline, congress of deputies.